Wednesday, August 6, 2014

While I'm on the subject....


A "friend" gave me a ration of shit over my post on Senator Bernie Sanders.  It appears as if I struck a chord.  The bit was full of opinion, no doubt, but there were  some verifiable facts and I think I paid enough attention to the hypocrisy that seems abundant in politics.  For what it's worth, my "friend" believes I  chose to pick on Sanders because he isn't a conservative.  That's not the case at all. I chose him because he is a politician who is full of shit and enamored with himself.  Actually, after a discussion with another friend, she suggested I write about my feelings regarding the esteemed gentleman.

In fairness, I'd like to say a few words about Senator Mitch McConnell.  Pretty much everything I said about Sanders is applicable to McConnell but of course McConnell sits across the isle from Senator Sanders.

Right off the bat, one thing that irks the ever loving shit out of me about Senator McConnell is, he too thinks he can feel what the middle class feels.  He thinks he understands.  Now, its not so much that he feels this way, but this cat is way wealthier than Senator Sanders is.  Depending on sources, McConnell is worth between $9 million and $36 million dollars.  And in my opinion, that moves him well beyond an understanding of what the middle and lower classes are going through.  Honestly, do you think this guy goes grocery shopping?  Do you think he knows what a gallon of milk costs?  How about toilet paper? Fuel?  I'd venture a guess that he doesn't know what his power bill costs.  I think someone else is writing that check and I don't think the good Senator has enough time in his busy schedule to do a personal expense audit.  I'd also venture a guess that he hates the word audit and wants nothing to do with an audit... unless he is to impose one on a democrat.

This guy has been in politics for about 30 years.  As a new comer in 1985, the Senator stepped into a then very cushy position that earned him a little over $75k a year.  Since then, McConnell climbed the ranks and nowadays senators make $174k a year.  He being who he is and the position he now holds, you can add on an additional $19k - $20k. 

Mitch McConnell is comfortable.  Way comfortable.  After all this time in office, he has a lot of insulation.  He's made connections that are making him money outside of politics.  It's a given and everyone whose been in politics this long is just like him!

Yeah, he's just like you and me.  I bet he doesn't get his suits from Mens Wearhouse, because he doesn't like their style.  His suits are taylor  made.  I bet he has more than 2 tuxedos.  I'll call my mechanic and see how many tuxedos he has... wait a second.  No I won't because Roy is a crafty man and one hell of a mechanic (Roy's Auto, Jackson Wyoming 733-6616).

And don't get me wrong.  I am not jealous of his wealth or that of the other couple hundred millionaires in congress.  This isn't about the redistribution of their wealth either.  I'll make my own shuckles.  This is about people who have no clue what your life is like and they are trying to convince you that they do.  They are nothing like you and they don't have a clue as to what real America is going through and don't ever let them fool you.

No comments:

Post a Comment