Saturday, August 2, 2014

What's wrong with America?

 

What's wrong with America?  I've heard a lot of people take that question on.  I didn't think I had a clue, until today.  Today, 30 seconds after walking into the convenience store, I found the answer to that very question.  (Turns out, I do some of my best thinking in the convenience store.  I should probably hang out there more often.)

30 seconds after I walk into the store and begin to pour myself a soda, I watch a young girl trying to pour herself an Icee.  Her brother who appeared to be about the same age got away with the task.  And truthfully, there is a bit of skill involved.  You can easily screw around and shoot cherry Icee all over the store if you aren't careful.  Well, the little lady was not careful and that was obvious because she was wearing about a quart of Cherry Icee.  Problem was, the cup could have only held about a pint....

That is not what is wrong with America.

As the little girl sits there with this semi frozen red shit all over her face, arms, shirt, counter, floor and Icee machine she says... "Daddy, it's not my fault...."  And she said it over and over again as if trying to convince her father that the fucking Icee machine went bat shit crazy for a minute and tried to puke red shit on everything and every body.

The problem with America is, people don't take responsibility for the shit they do.  Now, I'm not saying you have to kick the shit out of this little girl to make the point, but I do think you owe it to yourself (if your her parent) to say, "It is your fault because the lever didn't pull itself...."  No big deal, right.  Don't make a big deal out of it.  It's a spilled slurpee, but make sure she understands that it was indeed her fault that half of the convenience store was shellaced in red slurpee.






Now what kind of made me chuckle is this.  She looks at her daddy while he is busy going through about 7 lbs of napkins trying to clean her up and asks, "Daddy, can I have another cup?''  Daddy grabs her another cup and lets her have another go.....  I almost flipped my wig!

I would have told her, "well sugar, no you can't have another cup because there is nothing wrong with the other cup.  You get the other cup with only 1 table spoon of red shit in it.  You can then have yourself a good cry in the back seat of the car, tell me you hate me, and then "accidentally" spill half of the tablespoon of red shit all over my car's window and door panel."

You've got to say something other than, "I know it wasn't your fault...."  You have to say something else!!!  I don't care if it's "Jaeger bomb, pizza fart" but you do not allow this kid to think for one second, that this was not her fault.  I don't care if it takes half a day in lawn chairs staring at the slurpee machine, waiting for it to go bat shit crazy, like your little angel would have you believe happened earlier.

If you're a god damned American, you stand up as a parent and say something to your kid when things like this happen.  If you don't, your kid grows up, runs for office, gets elected, screws everything up and looks you dead in the eye and says, "It's not my fault...."


No comments:

Post a Comment