Sunday, May 4, 2014

Getting healthy and staying that way.....


Far be it for me to go on any kind of a "health" rant.  I've been healthier than I am now, and I've been unhealthier than I am now.  By no means could I even be confused with a health guru.  I've fallen back into some old habits, like eating what I can when I can. That proves to be, well, unhealthy.  I am going to get my ass back in the gym, eat healthy and maybe I will chronicle all of that here.

But, the reason behind this rant is a trend that is going on that drives me up the wall.  Has anyone seen all of the health fad things popping up on Facebook?  Seems like there is more now than ever.  Perhaps they work.  I don't know.  I haven't given them much attention.  I know what works for me.  Eat right.  Exercise.  Drink a lot of water.  Pretty simple.

But what drives me up the wall is watching someone say that they are doing this "wonderful new detox program" that is simple and it has 100 health benefits to easily add to your diet!  Sounds great, doesn't it?  It makes you think, "Good for you" and "I need to get my ass on track."  Then about 2 or 3 spaces down from this person taking this health leap you see that they hung out doing shots and beers, smoked a 1/2 pack of Marlboro Reds....  The health kick essentially lasted 6 hours.  The real beauty is, they will continue to tell you how committed they are to this health program.....

It's about choices.  And if you are going to walk around and tout your health and health care endeavors, don't rush right back in and say you are looking for some oxygen and a hangover cure.  All of that effort to detox went to hell in a hand cart with the shitty food you ate when you got blasted!

Obviously, you can do whatever you want to do.  You're an adult.  But don't you feel slightly hypocritical saying you're on a health kick that somehow includes a 12 pack of Bud Light, Cuervo and Marlboro Reds?  No? 

Personally, and this is just me folks.... personally, I think you look like an asshole.  And that's okay because it's just my opinion.  Really, what's that worth?

Back to the choices thing.  Pick one and stick to it.  You look like less of an asshole and there is a benefit to that, even if it is only impressing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment