Thursday, January 23, 2014

"Feds pull Google Glass user from theater"

Anybody else catch this news story?  Google it up if you haven't.  I briefly glanced at it while sorting through various "news" sources and then a friend sent me a link to the story and asked if "it could be a blog topic".  I read the story and confirmed that the story could evoke a lot of different opinions, so I thought I would voice mine.  Put your reading helmets on people and watch me stumble through this....






I'll start with the least obnoxious part of the story.  "Bringing a recording device" into a theater is just kind of stupid, and here's why.  You are immediately drawing attention to yourself.  Even if you have no ill intention, all eyes are on you and you have to be smart enough to know that someone is going to say something.  That is your risk of doing something like this.  Do I care if someone brings a recording device into a theater?  I could give a rats ass, but if your recording device fucks up my movie you're going to hear from me before you hear from the Feds, for fucks sake!

Now on to the more obnoxious part of the story.  Sending in 12 fucking guys for a nerd with glasses?  Jesus Christ, people.  Could not an usher to two handle the situation?  "How many Feds does it take to sharpen a pencil?" is a question that could probably be answered with the number 12.  By the way, since these a-holes screwed up the guys movie, did they get him another ticket for the next show?  I know, dumb question.

The fucking guy had a recording device, not an IED.  I understand the idea behind not having a nerd in the theater with a recording device, but 12 Federal agents?  Sounds like we could have used those fuckers during the "Fast and Furious" scandal.... or perhaps they were working that day?  I don't know.  I mean really!  We're all lucky this guy didn't take 2 straws from the concession stand.

The most obnoxious part of the article said something along the lines that the guy "could have left any time during the questioning". (For some reason, the Rodney King incident comes to mind.) Yeah... sure he could have and then the Feds would have run outside and fucked a guy up for a parking ticket.  I've seen people try to walk away from local law enforcement during a "questioning" and they normally don't get too far.  And, maybe that's okay...  as I eluded to above, you ought not put yourself into a situation where you will find yourself being questioned.

Oh, and DHS was on the scene too.  They were apparently part of the 12 agents mentioned above.  Thank the Lord they were there.  They protected us from the cries of, "Look out!  He has a recording device!"  You know what would have been awesome!  If the nerd filmed the questioning process without the agents knowing and got it out there on Youtube.....

I know, I know.  These people are trying to make the world a safer place.  Does anyone feel better now knowing these guys detained a nerd?  Here they are messing with this guy while some dick hole is out there planning some real diabolical shit.  Yeah, I feel a lot better.

Thanks for listening...
BD


No comments:

Post a Comment