Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Why?

It seems like they've always named Hurricanes.  As long as I can remember they've named them.  However, it seems to me that we've only recently started naming winter storms.  A headline on a newspaper brought this to my attention.  "Winter storm Janus altering Superbowl plans."  I think I remember a storm or two last year that they were talking about.  And if you think about it, if they went in alphabetical order, we've had some winter!  (By the way, winter is not a snow storm that dumps 2 feet and it melts 2 days later... its a whole fucking season with the shit, got it?)
                                                         





So as I sat here pondering names and potential names, and then it struck me.  "Why don't we name the nice days?"  Sure, we have a lot more nice days than shitty days but you recycle the names.  There are more than on Bob on the planet.  "Remember Nice Day Alan" we'd all say.  "Oh yes, warmth and sunshine everywhere.  We were all dancing the dance of the fanciful unicorn!" we'd exclaim.

Let's not stop there.  First off, we'd have to really decide if a mediocre day is "partly sunny" or "partly cloudy".  Days that were a little worse than that would have to be defined "mostly cloudy". 

Why are we naming storms?  Better yet, why are we not renaming our seasons since we are personifying everything?  Rename everything!!!

A friend comes walking through your lawn and you could alert him/her of a dog poop by saying, "Hey!  Don't step in Dog Shit Lucy". 

Where do we stop with this?  Hippies will be out naming trees and fucking everything up.  I just don't get it.  You know what season it is and in winter, you can expect snow if you life in a region that typically gets snow.  You don't have to name them!  They fall on dates, its why we have a calender.!

Now I'm all worked up and am thinking about drinking "beer Annalisa" but I have to drive all night.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment