Saturday, December 21, 2013

December Hate Thing, day 21....  Christianity....  I don't hate Christianity or Christians for that matter, but I do hate people who hide behind the veil of religion all the while living anything but a Godlike existence.  You've seen them.  You know them.  These are the people who run around saying all kinds of hateful shit about anyone they (or their assumed beliefs) deem necessary, and then claim to be Christian.  That bothers the ever loving shit out of me!

Furthermore, it drives me insane that some Christians feel "Christmas/Christianity is under attack" when someone pauses long enough to say "Happy Holidays".  I see this shit all of the time on social media and I used to hear it when I was in the bar business.  "It's Christmas, so get over it." is what some of them will say. It is Christmas, one damned day of the year!  Nobody is assaulting Christmas or Christianity when they tell you "Happy Holidays".

First off, its really fair to assume that they don't know if you are Christian or not.  Secondly, they've gone out of their way to be nice to you. These people have gone out of their way to be nice to you and you turn around and act shitty?  Way to go, Christians.  "Treat people the way you expect to be treated"... isn't that a strongly held belief within Christianity?  These people are being nice... these people are being friendly...  Your religion is not being bombarded by someone if they say "Happy Holidays".  It's just not, so get over yourselves and do the real Christian thing.  Realize someone is being nice and return the favor.  That's what this whole thing is about, and don't just do it on Christmas or the Holiday Season.  (There are a few other religions that celebrate this time of year... just a friendly reminder.)  Be NICE to everyone.



I used to have a friend who was a real a-hole.  (The guys dead now... how's that for a Godly experience?)  This guy was highly opinionated, mean, outspoken and thought that it was his job to make the world think like he did.  This guy also claimed to be a devout Christian/Catholic and almost everything he did said otherwise.  This old boy could not figure out why people treated him badly. He honestly thought the world was out to get him but was not wise enough to realize that it was him tightening the knot! When I took the time to tell him that he was an asshole, that he treated people like shit, that he didn't allow other people to have their own beliefs, he took offense to it.  (I was supposed to be his friend, so I was supposed to agree with him.)  I told this guy he needed to get some kind of help (he could have looked to the clergy) and told him that I was done talking to his ignorant ass until he did get help.

Guess what?  A year, year and a couple of months later the poor bastard died.  Yup, dead.  And since this has happened, I've heard other "Christians" say, "well your friend wasn't a true Christian" apparently in defense of their religion.  PEOPLE!!!!  Your religion needs no defense.  If your God is all you make him out to be, what is your ass doing defending him? He's God! Screw around and you're going to find your ass in a pinch with the O.G upstairs.

I don't want to sound like Rodney King and say "cant we all just get along" because that isn't going to happen.  Some people always feel they are being attacked.  But truthfully, isn't getting along at the very base of Christianity?  If you don't agree with someone or their actions, step away.  You don't have to be shitty to those people.

Anyways, Happy Holidays to all you sons a bitches.  I'm not a practicing Christian, but I don't spend time hating people I don't know.  Give it a whirl.  It will make you feel better not only this time of year, but always.


2 comments:

  1. Amen brother!!!! Why not be good for GOODNESS sake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, that may have been the first "Amen" I've ever received! I'm honored or something.... Really though, you got the message I was trying to convey! Just be good, and if you're not going to be good, don't hide behind your religion. You're doing it and you a disservice.

      Delete