Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December Hate Thing, day 25.....

Merry Christmas, everybody!  Hope all is well with you and yours.  So, I was sitting here trying to think on something to hate on and I kept drawing goose eggs.  Everything is really kind of nice this time of year and especially on Christmas day, and then it hit me.....

I hate that Bob Ross is still not around!  You know who I'm talking about, right?  Bob Ross!  The artist/painter guy with the white guy afro who, as he paints landscapes calls bunnies, trees, bushes,  clouds and shit, "his little friends"!  That guy!!!  I really hate that that guy isn't around any more.....



In a soft almost whisper Bob would say, "Let's put a tree right over here," as he chose a blank spot on the canvas.  He'd then make a sound affect like "Schwoooooooop" as he painted a tree trunk.  He'd step back for a second and say, "That little guy needs a friend, so he is not by himself in this beautiful place we are creating."  He'd then make that sound affect and say "there".  "Squirrels and birds need nice little places to live, just like us... so lets also make a few bushes over here.  Grab your small round brush and pick up some Cadmium Yellow, Sap Green and some Dark Sienna.  I like these colors... they represent fall, one of the more peaceful times of year.  I like peace, don't you?  Now lets go over here and put in a couple of nice bushes for the little bunnies to hide in....."

This guy would talk just like that, painting the whole time and making that shit look easy.  (It's not.  I thought I could do that shit.  Bob told me I could.  Bob lied!)  But really...  how can you not like that guy?  He had the most perfect white guy afro, softest soothing voice, happier and more peaceful than anyone you ever met, and higher than a last minute plane ticket!

Bob Ross?  I miss you man.  You conned me into buying your $38.00 kit while I knew I couldn't paint! You made me proud that I did it!!!  After writing this shit, I am thinking about doing it again! 
Before I do anything today, I am going to watch some Bob Ross on Youtube. 

Merry Christmas everybody.  You too Bob, where ever you are.  I hate that you're not here.







No comments:

Post a Comment