Saturday, December 28, 2013

December Hate Thing.... Day 28

"Product Identification and Product Comparison"  I hate that shit.  You've seen it happen were a group of "intellectuals" are discussing "who drives the best truck", "the best beer", "the best gun for home/self protection".  If you're really lucky, sometimes these conversations end up in a fist fight. 

I've mentioned my time in the bar business a few times.  I'm going to do it again.  I've heard product comparison fights covering everything under the sun when I was in the bar business.  I shit you not, I've broken up fights over "who has the best horse, truck, cue stick, t.v...." you name it.  People have gone to blows about it in a bar. 

Apparently the guy who wins the fist fight is the person who is right.  That's what I gathered.

There is however a story I'd like to tell about a fight in the bar where the winner actually turned out to be 100% right. 

It was a busy night and we had a good crowd assembled.  The bar is a tourist trap, so we get people from all over the country and all over the world.  We also used to get a group of young fellers who liked to "mix it up" a little.  That group of guys shows up.  I went over and had a "come to Jesus" meeting with them and told them that there wasn't going to be any bullshit tonight.  They agreed.

As the evening progresses, these guys are keeping it low.  We were monitoring these guys because we always did.  If there was going to be an issue and they were in the bar, it would be one of them involved....  so, like I said, the night is progressing and I see this guy that keeps walking by this group of guys and saying something.  I asked the bartenders if our friends were out of line and was assured that they were complete gentlemen.  I went back to my observation post and let the doormen know that there may be something cooking.

This joker walks by again and says something so one of the guys stood up.  I got between them and grabbed hold of the guy I knew.  "Not in here, remember?" I said.  "Brice, this guy keeps walking by calling us pussies, saying Jackson sucks and I asked him to go outside."  The other guy is now begging this young man to step outside, so he offered up some western hospitality and promptly issued a "hall of fame" ass whoop that ended with the local kid kicking this asshole in the mouth and saying, "Welcome to Wyoming.  Now get your shit and get the fuck out of here." 

Turns out, the local kid was right.  He wasn't a pussy and Jackson doesn't suck.  By the way, I don't condone violence but it is a beautiful thing when some jack ass is walking around trying to pick a fight and then gets his ass handed to him.  I'm not a good Christian, but I honestly believe that when this happens, it's God talking. 

Everyone gets an opinion people, and just because you own something... that doesn't make it the best.  Where did this bullshit even come from?  I hate product identification... hate it with a passion.

1 comment:

  1. God, Karma, whatever. It's just good to know people that really need it do get their bitch slapping every now and then. Restores my hippie faith in the universe.

    ReplyDelete